As an Instructional Content Writer for Open and Distance Learning Students, there is every need to produce your Microsoft word version of contents following a template. Before you start the development of your instructional design at all, do the following to format your Microsoft word template thus:
- Normal: Open new document page and locate Normal. This could be in (Time New Romans, 12 font size, un-bold, un-italicized)
- Heading 1: This should be in (Time New Romans, 16 font size, Bold, un-italicized)
- Heading 2: This should be in (Time New Romans, 14 font size, Bold, un-italicized)
- Headings 3, 4, 5 etc: This should be in (Time New Romans, 12 font size, Bold, un-italicized)
- Font Colour: The standard FONT COLOUR is black. The FONT COLOUR for Heading 1 (Dark Blue, Text 2, Darker 50%). Heading 2 (Dark Blue, Text 2, Darker 25%) and Heading 3 and others (Dark Blue, Text 2)
6: SmartArt: Choose the appropriate one that suits your explanation(s) BUT ensure you change the font and the font size of the SmartArt to (Time New Romans, 12 font size)
7. Bullets: Choose the appropriate one BUT ensure you edit the font
8. Numbering: Align this with the LEFT INDENT putting a space in-between the NUMBER and the contents numbered BUT it can as well be applied in EXCEPTIONAL cases as the need arises.
9. Font: The permanent FONT should be (Times New Roman)
10. Font Size: The standard FONT SIZE for the NORMAL contents is (12), Heading 1 (16), Heading 2 (14), Heading 3 etc. (12)
11. Shading: This comes into play while using BOX, the heading of the box will be in (Black Text 1) while the body of the BOX will be (White, Background 1, Darker 5%)
12. Border: Border for BOX is (Outside Border) and thereafter selects the shading colour
13. Box Colour: The shading colour for BOX heading is (Black, Text 1)
14. Box Colour: The shading colour for BOX body is (White, Background 1, Darker 5%)
15. Line Spacing: Standard Line Spacing is 1.5 except for Headings
16. Header: Use Blank header template as displayed below
17. Hyperlink Insertion/Description of Sources: The hyperlinks for your elements should be in black colour which at a click will direct the surfer directly to the element.
18. Table: The caption for your used table elements should be above the table labeled with the table number and the table title… No use of colours for table.
19. Page Numbering: Locate your page number at the bottom right of each page on your word document
20. Equation Insert: Locate any equation you find appropriate for your study In the word template at the top right hand as displayed below.
21. Footer: Use the Blank Footer template as shown below
22. Pictures/Images: Only use images from Open Educational Resources (OER) websites with the quoted sources, or you improvise your own with your definite locations quoted as the source. Mutilation of images is allowed but the source has to be quoted as well.